Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I Cannot Thank You Enough In Finding an Old Friend

Hello Robin,

I am now on the "web" and was pleasantly surprised to come across your site. I doubt if you will remember me but quite a while ago my son Dxxx wrote asking for your help in tracing some of his dad's army mates. You certainly came up trumps and I am pleased to say from your success,we now have many of his unit as firm friend who exchange visits and for the second time will be going to the annual reunion at Arborfield this year. Last year was John's 50th Anniversary (joined as a boy soldier in 54). If it had not been for your wonderful success with Derren's first request, I doubt if we would have bothered to continue searching and would never have made all these friends. I cannot thank you enough.

There is just one other who we cannot find RXXXX BXXX, but as details are very sketchy I hesitate to ask. John last saw him at REME 7th Armoured Workshops Fallingbostal Germany in 1961. He then transferred to a Tank regiment in Berlin and married a German girl. Not much to go on is there?

Again, thank you so very much, may you long continue to help people who I am sure are as grateful as myself.

Yours very sincerely

Jxxxx Wxxxx