Sunday, March 01, 2009

ITS BEEN AGES

This is your webmaster Robin Brown of findanoldfriend.co.uk and I want you to read my excuse for not having posted a blog for nearly a year.

WHY HAVE I HAD NO TIME TO POST A SINGLE BLOG OVER THE PAST YEAR.

To tell you the truth I feel quite sorry for all the people who do nothing else but post a blog every day . The reason for that is they are unlikely to be as happy as I am since I am reuniting every type of missing person.

Some will say that since I had time to enjoy a couple of very short holidays in 2008 I could have done just a few blogs, for on my desk the pile of lovely thank you letters and emails from happy reunited people was constantly growing . Well Im sorry I really didnt have time as like anyone else I needed a complete break.

Every day when I wake up I know there are new people wanting to talk to me and I am thrilled by the endless circumstances that compell them to contact me and vicer versa

Some only take a few moments and others go on and on for ages .

THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE VARIETY OF PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE . HERE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS FOR CONTACTING FINDANOLDFRIEND.

Sadly many of them are caused by the breakdown of family responsibilities over the past 30 years leading to more misery later on.

There are many who are looking for half sisters and brothers , there are parents looking for children now grown up and missed for years and children trying to find who their blood parents were later on in life after they had been adopted in many cases . Only in recent years has technology and legal improvement made this possible .

There is the girl who is trying to find a boyfriends parent and the man looking for his girlfriends parent .

After this sad area comes the romantic enquiry. Many people who have lost their spouse after half a lifetime suddenly want know what happened to another hearthrob in their earlier life.

Never have there been more people starting a new relationship late in life and often they turn to old memories and old flames.

There is now an incredible number of people who although quite comfortably married for many years they want to just know what happened to so and so that they went to school or college with and lost touch because they have moved from the area .

Quite a lot of people lose touch with some person who was a best man or a bridesmaid at their wedding and when they get to an important anniversary they just want to see them again.

Another area of enquiry are those brought about by the massive emigration from the UK to North America and Down Under during the 60s and 70s with very cheap government assisted passages. I was working in the tourist industry in London in the 60s and wrote out hundreds of their tickets in handwiting long before computerisation.

Whole families were broken apart and lost touch resulting in endless enquiries today

Then there is considerable number of ex-service people looking to meet up with old colleagues now that technology makes this much more possible.

Due to the large number of British forces having been stationed in Germany for a lifetime now there are very many people looking for one time British contacts again that took place long ago and not so long ago .

Not least from all the general areas of need for my website there is the ever growing number of mothers who were unable to keep in touch with the fathers of their children .
The children now 18 or more want their mothers to find where their fathers have gone and it makes me very angry to think of all the unhappiness caused by people without any standards .
Quite often this cant be done for lack of proper information.

There are of course many other odd ususual enquiries like the person who borrowed something and now cant remember where the owner is to give it back. And the enquiries I have from the most exciting unusual places like the Falkland Islands . St Helena in the South Atlantic . Iceland before they went bust and even Greenland where there are small coastline communities.

These are some of the reasons for not having done a blog for nearly a year and I hope you will forgive me .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT.

Kind regards Robin