Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Former Australian Flying Doctor Looks For His Nurse Using Find An Old Friend

Former Australian Flying Doctor looks for his nurse.

There are an amazing variety of reasons for coming to findanoldfriend.co.uk


I quote from his letter:

Dear Robin

I wish to confirm our communication by E mail regarding your efforts to search for a friend of mine whom I have not contacted for 35 years.

Her name is Jill --------- and she was married to John. Jill was a nurse and I last heard she managed a nursing home somewhere in the North of England.

I was 36 when I last saw her, when she flew with me on our Royal Flying Doctor Service aircraft in Port Hedland in the north of Western Australia.

I am now 71 and retired, so she is probably around 60.

Her mothers address was, and the last known address I have for her is in Teeside England and I have quite forgotten her maiden name.

Since I am writing my autobiography I would like to include a photo of her with my aircraft, To do this I wish to seek her permission, otherwise I will have to reorganise my books layout.

I would not like her to have it sprung on her by surprise thus opening a legal can of worms.

Something which may help in her identification is she still maintains contact with one ------------ in Western Australia.

I thank you for your endeavours on my behalf etc etc

P.S. The first names are fictitious.